Submitted by Evonne.
First time I tasted guacamole was at one of my Tia’s fiestas. I was about 5 years old, and I must admit, I wasn’t a fan. The guacamole had onions and jalapenos, and my simple palate just couldn’t handle the taste. I vowed to never eat guacamole/avocado again. Fast forward years later, I love guacamole, which reminds me of my Tia’s fiestas, and I now make guacamole for my fiestas. Guacamole can be made for kids too, sans onions and jalapenos. Overall, a tasty treat for friends and family, and even the kiddos! Buen Provecho!
Recipe Origin: Mexico
Recipe Makes 4 Servings
- 3 Haas avocados, halved, seeded & peeled
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4 green onions
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced into cubes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced and leave seeds for additional spice
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt, or salt to taste
- Optional: 2 tablespoons of cilantro
In a large bowl, use potato masher to mash the avocado and lime juice. Then, mix in the onions, tomatoes, jalapenos and salt. To preserve the green color of guacamole, add the avocado seed. Enjoy with your favorite tortilla chip!